Re: calling mathematica functions from a c++ program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66911] Re: calling mathematica functions from a c++ program
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 03:26:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

peregrine_falcon12 at hotmail.com wrote:
> I have just started using mathematica, and I would like to call some of
> its simple functions from a c++ program, but no matter what i try, it
> doesn't seem to work. Can anyone tell me what to do, and maybe give me
> a simple example of a working program that successfully uses
> mathematica?

MathLink is your friend:

"MathLink provides a general interface for external programs to
communicate with Mathematica. Many standard software systems now have
MathLink compatibility either built in or available in add-on modules.

In addition, the MathLink Developer Kit bundled with most versions of
Mathematica provides the tools you need to create your own
MathLink-compatible programs.

Once you have a MathLink-compatible program, you can transparently
establish a link between it and Mathematica.

The link can either be on a single computer, or it can be over a
network, potentially with a different type of computer at each end."

http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Add-onsLinks/MathLink/

http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.13, _MathLink
and External Program Communication_

Jean-Marc