Mathematica newbie questions

Hey!

I'm still learning Mathematica, so I have a few questions, if you could help
me:
1 - Does anyone know about the GUIKit widget "MathPanel"? Its properties,
its events... I could not find any documentation and Mathematica Help files
only have it as an example :((
2 - Is there any way to read values from a notebook? I tried NotebookRead[],
but it only reads the expression of the cell.
3 - Is it possible to change background color (of a panel widget or frame
widget) and font size and color (of a label widget)? How?

Thank you very much!!