Re: Packages--guikit and mathgl3d help!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66965] Re: Packages--guikit and mathgl3d help!
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 03:48:31 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
green_man_2004 at yahoo.com wrote: > as i was trying to make a graphical interface with an output of 3d graphics > i have failed to run both guikit and mathgl3d packages at the same time. > do anybody have any information about this problem? > > Link to the forum page for this post: > http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=10869#p10869 > Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=10869]] > > I have never tried to run GUIKit and MathGl3D alongside each other, however if you use my Super Widget Package(SWP) (available free from my website), you can embed JavaView or LiveGraphics3D objects within the GUI you create. JavaView and LiveGraphics3D are two free Java-based packages that perform a similar job to MathGl3D. There are examples in my user manual of both kinds of objects. Note that JavaView produces somewhat better images than LiveGraphics3D. Unfortunately MathGl3D is not (I think) Java-based, so I can't embed it in the same way. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk