Re: Function argument
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66990] Re: Function argument
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 06:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Bonny schrieb: > I would like to define a function g that evaluates another function f at a > given value. That is, > > g[a, f[x]] := f[a] > > For example, I might want the function f[x]=ax^2+bx+c to be evaluated at x=1 > and get the result a+b+c. That is, > > g[1, ax^2+bx+c] should evaluate to a+b+c. > > Again, I might want the function f[x]=Sin[x] to be evaluated at x=pi and get > the result 0. That is, > > g[pi, Sin[x]] should evaluate to 0. > > Is there a way to accomplish this in Mathematica? Any help would be > appreciated. > > Thanks, > Bonny. > > g[a_,f_[x_]]:=f[a] ??