Re: Re: piecewise integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67056] Re: [mg66999] Re: piecewise integration
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 04:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yes, I think so. Essentially you would be integrating over an open or
a half open interval. That, in itself, is not a, I think,  problem
but what I do not like is that the answer for of the integral of a
generalised function over a finite interval is different from the
answer that you get when you multiply that function by the
characteristic function of the interval and integrate over the whole
real line.

Andrzej Kozlowski