WITH - A web interface to Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67126] WITH - A web interface to Mathematica
- From: "Dave (from the UK" <may-2006 at southminster-branch-line.org.uk>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:10:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
(note, this email address is valid and will be for a few months at
leas. Make the
obvious changes in a few months).
I've written a short open-source PHP script that when installed on a
UNIX/Linux web server with Mathematica, allows use of Mathematica via
any browser. There's support for 2D & 3D graphics, but not the live
There's some screen shots on both desktop computers as well as a
handheld PDA (hp iPAQ) at
There are no special requirements for the browser - no need for
1) This allows access to almost all Mathematica functions, including
Run which allows arbitrary commands to be executed.
2) Most (if not possibly all) Mathematica licenses don't allow
then WITM must obviously only be installed on a password protected
system, to restrict access. (Apache provides a mechanism for this).
I've not tried it over a Secure Socket Layer (i.e https://...)
connection, but it should work fine on that.
More info on the Souceforge site:
It's licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Prev by Date:
Re: Two questions (1) Sollve and (2) Precision
Next by Date:
Re: Plotting Cosh(x)?
Previous by thread:
Re: Selecting Real Roots, Again
Next by thread:
Using Mathlink to export arrays