Re: structure array equivalent in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg67201] Re: structure array equivalent in Mathematica
  • From: bghiggins at
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:08:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Kevin, One way is to enter the data as a set of rules:

Observation = {pressure -> 34.6, temperature -> 65, watervapor -> 12.0}

And then use the ReplaceAll (/.) operator to get at the specific data

With agregate data you could use

MoreObservations = {{pressure -> 34.6,
   temperature -> 65, watervapor -> 12.0}, {pressure -> 38.6,
temperature ->
      61, watervapor -> 10.5}}

Then the pressure on day 2 is then

One can dream up other ways in Mathematica to do what you want....