Re: structure array equivalent in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67228] Re: [mg67162] structure array equivalent in Mathematica
  • From: Kevin Bowman <kevinbowman at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:07:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,

Yes, this is definitely along the lines I was hoping for.  Of course,
Part is the primary means of extracting elements of an array.
However, I need a means of assigning names to elements of those
lists.  I deal with reasonably large datasets where there may be many
elements in a list and trying to remember that elements of list  78
are quality flags is not very effective.

I guess the difference here is that the original data is still in one
nested list with the pure functions there to extract the appropriate
components whereas with a structure array the data itself is already
organized in that fashion.

I will see where I can go with this approach.

Thanks,

Kevin

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net