Re: Mathematica bugs?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67312] Re: Mathematica bugs?
- From: john2 <john2 at 8889.fsnet.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 05:12:55 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Yaroslav Bulatov wrote: > When I run the following line > x = Pi/4; For[i = 0, i < 56, i += 1, x = 2*Abs[x - 1/2]]; N[x] > I get > 3. > > But x should always stay between 0 and 1, why do I get 3? Try this: For[i=0,i<56,i+=1,x=2*Abs[x-1/2];Print[N[x]]] and the problem is fairly obvious john2