Re: Package writing

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg67372] Re: Package writing
  • From: AES <siegman at>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 03:01:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <e758hd$l7b$1 at>,
 Bruce Miller <brucem at> wrote:

> About Autoload directories:  A file named init.m in an Autoload
> directory will be loaded when the kernel launches.  Application
> packages and groups of Standard AddOn packages have a subdirectory
> named Kernel which contains an init.m file which loads the package
> files.  One can edit or create an init.m file in an Autoload
> directory to load packages.
> The Getting Started booklet, Appendix 1, describes this.  If you
> don't have the paper version handy, see
> tion/FileLayout.html,

Related to this vein, but separate:

I'd still like to find a way to have user-selected Mathematica notebooks
be immediately accessible (that is, Open-able) from the Mathematica
Front End menu ­­ in other words a "File >> Open Recent..." extension or
work-alike that would provide immediate access to user-added notebooks
or notebook aliases ("favorites") that were placed in an appropriate
library folder somewhere.

[Is there maybe a user-accessible folder somewhere that holds the "File
>> Open Recent..." aliases -- I assume they're aliases -- or a Prefs
setting for how long these aliases last before they decay away?]