Problems editing a mathematica package, please help.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67390] Problems editing a mathematica package, please help.
  • From: tnad <terry_najdi at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:13:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to edit a mathematica package (.m file). The way I'm trying to do this is by converting it to a notebook expression then displaying it in a form I can read and edit. If I display in standard form or traditional, I don't get the form that I need since all symbols (like arrows...) are in word expressions and the file is full of "\[IndentingNewLine]". The only way to get to the form that I want is to convert to output form, but this deletes all the comments in the package and it doesn't look like I can edit it that way. Am I doing this wrong?