Re: Mathematica icons for GPL'ed software.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67434] Re: Mathematica icons for GPL'ed software.
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 04:32:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

One possible solution is to go to the Help Browser (version 5.2), and to
drill down to Demos | Notebooks | Cover Image Construction which is a
Mathematica notebook for creating the Mathematica logo (version 5) from
scratch. You could then modify this notebook to create a (sufficiently
different) variant of the logo to use in building your own icon (i.e. export
the image of the logo, and then iconify this image using suitable
image-editing software).

What "sufficiently different" means in this context is up to you to find
out.

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:e7drrj$9hs$1 at smc.vnet.net...