Re: Problem with LaplaceTransform and InverseLaplaceTransform

aXi wrote:

>Can someone point me to site that would help me in using Mathematica
>5.2for purpose of calculations related to Systhems theory. I'm having
>trouble with several topics... for example doing
>InverseLaplaceTransform of function:
>
>(1/s) * (TanH[pi*s/2])
>
>Thanks in advance!

The form Exp[k*s]/s gives a step or cutoff function ( sometimes
atributed to Heavyside).
One method is to break it into a series and integrate the series:

f[s_] = Normal[Series[(1/s) * (Tanh[Pi*s/2]), {s, 0, 30}]]
g[t_] = InverseLaplaceTransform[f[s], s, t]

The result is in DiracDelta function derivatives in even terms.