SetOptions for Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67530] SetOptions for Notebooks
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 04:13:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

I have the problem that the notebooks I write are in Version 5.2. Now,
many people do not necessarily have Version 5.2 and they get a message
telling them that the notebook was "... created in a more recent version
of Mathematica, and may not function properly with the older front end you
are using..."

Is there any way to switch this message off?

Unfortunately SetOptions[Notebook, FrontEndVersion -> "5.0 for X"] does
not work nor does SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],....]

How do other people that maintain large collections of notebooks or
application packages deal with this?

Perhaps it is possible to swith this off on the user side?

Thanks

Oliver

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at imtek.de>
   Phone: ++49 +761 203 7388