SetOptions for Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg67530] SetOptions for Notebooks
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 04:13:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear all,

I have the problem that the notebooks I write are in Version 5.2. Now,
many people do not necessarily have Version 5.2 and they get a message
telling them that the notebook was "... created in a more recent version
of Mathematica, and may not function properly with the older front end you
are using..."

Is there any way to switch this message off?

Unfortunately SetOptions[Notebook, FrontEndVersion -> "5.0 for X"] does
not work nor does SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],....]

How do other people that maintain large collections of notebooks or
application packages deal with this?

Perhaps it is possible to swith this off on the user side?

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at>
   Phone: ++49 +761 203 7388