Re: Derivation of Sums of Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64830] Re: Derivation of Sums of Functions
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 03:18:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jochen Haller wrote:
> No, I am looking for an easy construct to solve a problem like this:
>
> Derivate the sum from t=0 to T over the expression:
>
> x_t * (k_t - k_(t-1))
>
> with respect to k_t, where the subscript means the index.
>
> JH

Hi Jochen,

The following threads may be of interest:

http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/32e4058ba61f6502/357205d529f01c67?q=derivative+sum&rnum=2&fwc=1

http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/4ce3ac02c26ba97e/2046ef127f7c5860?q=derivative+sum&rnum=7#2046ef127f7c5860

Best regards,
/J.M.