Plus Behavior Inside a Notation Box?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64884] Plus Behavior Inside a Notation Box?
- From: "Josh" <josh at gocougs.wsu.edu>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 05:01:50 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I was trying to set up some aliases using the Notation package and noticed some odd behavior when Plus is included in the right hand side. I distilled it down to the following, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. The command I set up is: Notation[a <=> Plus[b,c] ] With the following behavior: In:= b + c Out= a In:= b + c + 1 Out= 1+b+c In:= b + c + 0 Out= a Case 1 and 3 work as expected, but case 2 is not. Any ideas? The goal is to set up aliases for Bessel and Hankel functions in some EM work, and it was working very nicely until I hit this 'minor' roadblock. Thanks, Josh