Plus Behavior Inside a Notation Box?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64884] Plus Behavior Inside a Notation Box?
- From: "Josh" <josh at gocougs.wsu.edu>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 05:01:50 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I was trying to set up some aliases using the Notation package and
noticed some odd behavior when Plus is included in the right hand
side. I distilled it down to the following, and I'm hoping someone can
shed some light on this. The command I set up is:
Notation[a <=> Plus[b,c] ]
With the following behavior:
In:= b + c
In:= b + c + 1
In:= b + c + 0
Case 1 and 3 work as expected, but case 2 is not. Any ideas? The goal
is to set up aliases for Bessel and Hankel functions in some EM work,
and it was working very nicely until I hit this 'minor' roadblock.
Prev by Date:
Re: Extract values and multilpicities from list
Next by Date:
Re: 3D voronoi problem in mathematica
Previous by thread:
Re: Compile Fourier
Next by thread:
Re: Plus Behavior Inside a Notation Box?