Third Announcement of the International Mathematica Symposium 2006

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64959] Third Announcement of the International Mathematica Symposium 2006
  • From: "Bruno Autin" <Bruno.Autin at cern.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:14:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The Internationational Mathematica Symposium will be held this year on
June 19-23 in the Palais des Papes, Avignon (France). Its organisation
is progressing well.

1. 100 papers about have been submitted,
2. Web site http://www.ims06.org/ is now fully operational and will
keep developing to incorporate all new information
3. Distinguished speakers have already accepted our invitation: Michael
Berry (Bristol University), John Sullivan (TU Berlin), John Jowett
(CERN, Geneva) and others may join.
4. Discussion panels are taking shape, they are our window on the
outside world and three subjects are in preparation: "Education", "Art,
Architecture and Games" and "Users Groups", others can still be added
and we expect a strong feedback to make these discussions really
profitable and to elaborate interesting projects.

I urge you to register and reserve your hotel very soon. The
registration fees are 400 Euros until March 23, they will raise to 500
Euros after that date. Hotels have been reserved with a preferential
price until the same date.

I look forward to welcoming you in Provence,

Bruno Autin
Chair of IMS06

International Mathematica Symposium 06
19 - 23 Juin 2006