Combining Matrices

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to combine an n x p matrix and an n x q
matrix to form an n x (p + q) matrix.  I found one way, shown in the
second last line of the code below, but I have no idea why it works,
and I'm wondering whether there is a more direct way.  The example
takes 3 x 4 matrix A and combines it with 3 x 2 matrix B to form 3 x
6 matrix X.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

	Gregory

Clear[X]
n = 3; p = 4; q = 2;
A = Array[a, {n, p}];
B = Array[b, {n, q}];
(X = Transpose[Flatten[{{Transpose[A], Transpose[B]}}, 2]]) //
MatrixForm
Dimensions[X]