Origin Link for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65087] Origin Link for Mathematica
  • From: Mary Beth Mulcahy <Mary.Mulcahy at colorado.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:00:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was curious if anyone is using the Origin Link for Mathematica.  Specifically,
I'm wondering if anyone is using the option where you get Origin and Mathematica
to work in the same Kernel.

I am in the process of writing a dissertation and am required to do all graphing
in Origin, but I have been doing most of my work lately in Mathematica and need
to cross over.  I have no problem getting all of the examples in the
instructions "Origin Link for Mathematica" to run, but I don't seem to be able
to get Origin to import results that I have just created in Mathematica despite
following the (limited) directions to get Origin and Mathematica to talk to the
same Sequencer Kernel.

What I am doing:
1)  Open Origin 7.5 and click on Mathematica Link
2) Open Mathematica 5.0, start Sequencer kernel.
3) Type example from help manual
           eq = {x''[t] + x[t]^3 == Sin[t], x[0] == x'[0] == 0}
           NDSolve[eq, x, {t, 0, 50}]
           OriginParPlot[{x[t], x'[t]} /. %, {t, 0, 50}]
4)Evaluate in mathematica
          Mathematica Variable  yval
          Origin Dataset        data1_a
          First Row             1

6) Hit "receive" and get "Receive array from Mathematica failed".  Now if I run
this in origin, it seems to be OK, but I don't want to retype all of my
equations into the origin evaluate box.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Mary Beth