Re: ShadowPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65140] Re: ShadowPlot3D
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:30:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

gardyloo wrote:
> Helen Read wrote:
>
>>A colleague of mine asked me yesterday about a problem he is having with
>>ShadowPlot3D.
>
> Hi, Helen,
>
>    I reported this to Wolfram Research a while ago; the email I got back
> said that it's a minor problem with the default settings in the init.m
> file (unfortunately, I don't remember the exact way to change it, but
> it's easy). Basically, if you put the option Lighting->False in the
> ShadowPlot3D command, things should work as you want.

Thanks; I had tried changing some of the options, but apparently didn't
try Lighting.

I have added the following to my init.m file, and all is well.

SetOptions[ShadowPlot3D,Lighting->False]

We'll be adding this to the init.m file in our computer equipped
classrooms over Spring Break.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont