Re: Subscripted variables and function definitions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65219] Re: Subscripted variables and function definitions
- From: Geico Caveman <spam at spam.invalid>
- Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:40:42 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jens-Peer Kuska wrote: > Hi, > > you should use Symbolize from the Notation package, if > you need Subscript[_,_] in a function pattern. Thanks for the hint. I will look this up. > > and X is a *function* call to the function X > with the arguments 1 while > X[] is the Part, i.e., the first element of > the value of X, and the value of X should be a list. > You mix up both and that cause your problems. Actually, that was a typo in my post. I am using X[]/(X[]+X[]) and I get what I described. Any ideas ?