Size of .mx files

Hi Group

I have a list of complicated expressions that I save in a .mx file. The
size of this file is about 1.3Mb

Since I had to exchange these expressions with a colleague who is
working on a different system, I have also exported these expressions
to a text file (with Save) that takes about 2.5 Mb. If I read the text
file with Get and if I resave the expressions with DumpSave I get a
second .mx file that is now 6.3Mb !

This is not very important since I checked that the two different .mx
files contain the very same expressions, but I would like to understand
why the sizes are so different ?

I have also observed that redoing again the same .mx->text->.mx
procedure from the 6.3Mb file I get a third file of the same size
(6.3Mb) ! So the first file seems to be peculiar but I don't know why.

Thanks