Re: How to get the value of a counter
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65261] Re: [mg65243] How to get the value of a counter
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:58:20 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:46:03 -0500 (EST), Zhengji Li wrote: > Dear all, > > Is it possible to get the current value of a counter ? > > e.g. value = GetCounterValue["Chapter"]; > > CounterBox does not do such things. NotebookGet and NotebookRead both take the undocumented option ReleaseHold. If ReleaseHold->True is specified, they will read the specified notebook with counter boxes replaced with their literal values. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.