Re: A question concerning Show and PlotLegend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65288] Re: [mg65255] A question concerning Show and PlotLegend
  • From: "Christopher Arthur" <pannoniara at aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:59:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I think this will do what you want:

Don't use the Show[] command.  Just use the Plot[] with your theoretical
curves, but put in the option:

 Prolog->p2[[1]].

That should be the only reference to p2 in the statement.

 Then manually set the bounds with PlotRange->{{xmin,xmax},{ymin,ymax}}.
You either have to enter specific numbers for the mins and maxs, or
determine them by some function on your data set used to generate p2.
Otherwise, the plot will display the region appropriate just for the
theoretical curves.  But the Prolog statement should overlay the datapoints
onto the theoretical curves.

Regards,

C.Arthur