Re: Changing Default Printing Settings?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65356] Re: Changing Default Printing Settings?
  • From: Mike <m.HoneychurcNOSPAMh at uq.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 04:05:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On a Mac you would go to Mathematica>Preferences ...

Then choose Notebook Options>Printing Options>PageFooters

Then set the following in both the left page and right page:(either left,
center, right depending on where you want it)

Cell[TextData[{ValueBox["DateLong"]}],"Footer"]

To set a default page size go to Notebook Options>Printing Options>Printing
Options and set options such as

PrintingMargins {{90, 90}, {60, 90}}
PaperSize {596, 794}
PageSize {596, 794}}

and so on.

Now the catch is that if you use a stylesheet with pagesize, pagefooters
etc. set then the stylesheet values will override the global default.

You can override the stylesheet defaults and set your preferred values by
setting the options locally. Example:

In[1]:= SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],

            PageFooters -> {
            {None, Cell[TextData[{ValueBox["DateLong"]}],"Footer"], None},
            {None, Cell[TextData[{ValueBox["DateLong"]}],"Footer"], None}
            },

            PrintingOptions -> {
            "PrintingMargins" -> {{90, 90}, {60, 90}},
            "PaperSize" -> {596, 794},
            "PageSize" -> {596, 794}}];

Cheers

Mike