Re: Plotting independent quantities

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65407] Re: Plotting independent quantities
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:30:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Geico Caveman wrote:
> I am trying to plot the velocity and acceleration of a particle as a
> function of time on the same plot. I need two y axes for this purpose (each
> with their units, etc.). Is such a plot possible in Mathematica ?

Check the article "Can I create a two-axis graph in Mathematica?",
Mathematica Technical Support FAQ, at :

"The functions TwoAxisPlot and TwoAxisListPlot, as documented in this
FAQ, enable the creation of plots with two vertical axes having
different scales. "

Also, as of today, Google returns 256 results for _two y axes_ and 254
results for _two y axis_ searched in comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica.
Some of these posts may be of interest...