Re: Conditions with Statistical Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66160] Re: [mg66091] Conditions with Statistical Functions
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 02:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks again, Bob.

Nice use of pure pure functions (Is that what they're called?).
Clearly, I have a long way to go in learning the syntax.  For
example, I never would have thought of using a question mark between
the x_List and VectorQ attribute because I'm still not up on what the
question mark means in general.  Bits and pieces are falling into
place though: I'm guessing that your use of the pound sign (#) in the
second statement refers to any vector, whereas in my limited use of
functions, such as Select, #[[1]] or #[[17]] would refer to the first
and seventeenth columns.

	Greg