Re: Function of function analytic definition

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66172] Re: Function of function analytic definition
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 02:44:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Narassim,
I doubt if there is a simple relationship between the n-th term of
f1=f[g[x]] and f2=g[f[x]] because in the Taylor Series of f1 and f2 the
terms f and g are evaluated for different arguments. Consider f1, then
all derivatives of f are avaluated at the point g[x0]. However, for f2,
all derivatives of f are evaluated at the point x0. A relationship
between these terms must therefore involve all terms of the Taylor
Series and is certainly not simple.

Daniel