Intersection of Conic Sections
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66277] Intersection of Conic Sections
- From: "irchans" <infinitgames at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 23:50:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
This seems like a simple question, but I am finding it diffucult to
find a simple solution.
What are the points of intersection of
0 = A1 + A2*x + A3*y + A4*x^2 + A5*x*y + A6*y^2
0 = B1 + B2*x + B3*y + B4*x^2 + B5*x*y + B6*y^2
where Ai and Bi are constants.
When I solve this with mathematica, I get a rather complex expression.
Is there a simple algorithm that finds all the roots?
Prev by Date:
Dynamic iterators in Do loop
Next by Date:
Re: A simple problem
Previous by thread:
Re: Dynamic iterators in Do loop
Next by thread:
Re: Intersection of Conic Sections