Mathematica Language Encoding in Linux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66304] Mathematica Language Encoding in Linux?
- From: ahmet nurlu <ahmet_nurlu at yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 00:46:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am a user of Mathematica 5.0 in Linux(Debian/testing). Sometimes, I need to prepare mathematica notebooks in my own Language(Turkish). I am not able to write Turkish inside Mathematica in Linux. I thought I could overcome this problem by changing language settings of the system from "en_US" to "tr_TR"(as by using "export LC_ALL=tr_TR" command) but this time, Mathematica refuses to run and gives some errors. I have also a windows version of Mathematica and this problem is non-existent in Windows. I wonder the non-English users of Mathematica could use their own language inside the Mathematica environment in Linux? Ahmet Nurlu