two graphics questions and one general question

I am trying to figure out how to place styled arrowheads at the ends of
axes. The arrowheads need to match those in Adobe Illustrator. I can create
each type of arrowhead as a polygon, but I cannot figure out how to place
the polygons correctly.

I am also trying to figure out how to place tick labels at a particular
distance from the axes (i.e, 3pts below the x-axis and 2 pts to the left of
the y-axis.) I need to be able to center the labels under or to the side of
the ticks (accounting for negative signs).

Finally, when I use Plot[....], unless I include the ImageSize option, the
graph appears as just a dot that needs to be dragged larger. I must have
changed some default, but I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Beverly Fusfield