Checking the sign of a Mathematical expression
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66397] Checking the sign of a Mathematical expression
- From: "Bharat Bhole" <bbhole at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 02:16:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is there a way in Mathematica to check whether an algebraic expression is
positive or negative, and a way to specify conditions on the variables in
the expression? For example, is there a way to check whether x^2 is positive
for any real x? I want to check this for a complicated
expression...basically the sign of the second derivative of a function.
Thank you very much for your help.
I am sorry for posting this message again. I had not used the appropriate
subject line and thought I should change it.
Prev by Date:
Re: Question on Map or Apply
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
RE: Color Matching Functions to model human vision?
Next by thread:
Re: Checking the sign of a Mathematical expression