Re: fixing contours

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66539] Re: [mg66523] fixing contours
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 03:39:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris,

You could try the SplitLineOnDistance command in your DrawGraphics to
eliminate these 'jump lines'. That might work if they are all long straight
segments and the rest of the curves are defined by closer points.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Chris Chiasson [mailto:chris at chiasson.name]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I have deleted parts of contour lines that are outside a particular domain.

http://chris.chiasson.name/temp/fix_bad_contours.png

The problem is, since some of the lines begin and end inside the
allowed domain, I end up with orange slice shapes as seen in the top
two contours of the picture.

What is the best way to detect this and reorder the points in the line
directives so that they only follow the real contours?

The main reason I am not just coloring over the contour lines is that
David Park's label drawing function will only put labels in the
correct spot if the labeled Lines contain only the segments that will
be visible. If I don't delete the parts that would be covered up, the
line labels will print in the invalid domain.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/