Graphics--ProgressBar in GUIKit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66605] Graphics--ProgressBar in GUIKit
  • From: photonub at prodigy.net
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:14:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

I have created a GUI which runs a rather time-consuming algorithm.  I have added a ProgressBar to my GUI, which should update at various points in the algorithm.  I am calling the ProgressBar from within the Script that runs the algorithm.

While the algorithm is running, I am trying to update the ProgressBar 4 times (i.e. widgetName@SetPropertyValue[{"bar","value"}, 25];).

The problem I am having is that the ProgressBar only displays the final "SetPropertyValue[]" in the script.  I have read that Script's are "HoldAllComplete".  Could this be what is causing the problem?

If so (or if not), does anyone have any idea how I may solve this problem?

Thanks,

Bob

Link to the forum page for this post:
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=10537#p10537