Different text style for labels and ticks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66686] Different text style for labels and ticks
  • From: János <janos.lobb at yale.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 03:51:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to specify a different text style in
a (Multiple)ListPlot for PlotLabel and Ticks.  If I just use it like:

TextStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times", FontSize -> 14},

it affects all texts in the plot including PlotLabel, AxesLabel and
Ticks.  I would like Ticks to have a different TextStyle - need
smaller characters there -, and PlotLabel to have bigger text, even
bold.

I tried Epilog - hoping that I can draw the PlotLabel after the plot
is done - with no success.

Thanks ahead,

János
P.S.   Here is one statement for illustration:

In[114]:=
cgAll = MultipleListPlot[
     Take[cg0254,
      -Length[cg0254]],