Re: Re: Interval[{a,b}]-Interval[{a,b}] = 0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66734] Re: [mg66691] Re: Interval[{a,b}]-Interval[{a,b}] = 0?
  • From: "G. Raymond Brown" <gbrown at runbox.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 21:04:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Some shallow comments on this thread:

1.  This has been a lot of fun!  Thanks to all contributors.

2.  I learned a little about interval arithmetic.  That's good, although
I will probably never use any of it.

3.  I think that both Frege and Godel would approve of the decisions made
by the Mathematica developers, and of the comments by Andrzej.  (Frege
would probably want to change the notation used.)

-GRB-