Figures and LaTeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66743] Figures and LaTeX
  • From: Narcoleptic Insomniac <i_have_narcoleptic_insomnia at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 06:08:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm doing a research paper and I'm a user of Mathematica
and MiKTeX.  The diagrams I've made with Mathematica I
can save as *.eps and compile these into a *.dvi with
no problems.

However, when attempting to complie into a *.pdf I get
error messages (I would post the exact error but I'm not
at my home computer at the moment). Moreover, I have a
few *.bmp images that I would like to use, but I can't
seem to get these to compile either.

My question is three-fold: (1) If I can get the *.dvi to
compile with my *.eps images, is there a way output this
as a *.pdf? (2) Is there any way that I can use my *.bmp
(or *.jpg) image files? (3) Does anyone know of any good
tutorials or help files strictly on this topic?

Thanks in Advance,
Kyle Czarnecki