Re: Differential equations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg66781] Re: Differential equations
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 05:48:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Ivan,

A general solution of a differential consists in a family of functions.

A specific function may belong to several such families or differential

equations, depending of what you consider the constant of integration.

is be a solution of: y'==3 where we consider 2 to be a constant of

On the other hand, y==3x-2 is also a solution to y=y' x -2, where we now

consider 3 to be the constant of integration.