Re: "unload" a package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70910] Re: "unload" a package
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 03:55:53 -0500 (EST)

On 10/30/06 at 5:32 AM, murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg)
wrote:

>I believe there is a "catch" to using CleanSlate:  You have to
>remember to load it BEFORE loading the package(s) that you now want
>to, in effect, unload.

Yes, for CleanSlate to do its magic, it does need to be loaded
before the package you will want to unload.

>Unfortunately, one only realizes too late that you need to unload a
>package, so you didn't anticipate that need and didn't already load
>CleanSlate.

Right. That is why I have CleanSlate loaded automatically as
part of my init.m at the start of every session. This coupled
coupled with the fine control you mention below allows me to
effectively unload any package I've loaded without my having to
specifically plan for that ability in a given notebook.