Re: Curiosity concerning transformation rules for List

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70987] Re: Curiosity concerning transformation rules for List
  • From: "Andrew Moylan" <andrew.j.moylan at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:39:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Janos,

I agree it's possible to simply apply my example transformation rule to
any expression using ReplaceAll. However, I am interested in whether
it's possible to attach this transformation rule to a Symbol such that
it is always applied. Please see my clarifying post at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/2748f2ba8222d9bc/79fc3b498d0da84f?lnk=gst&q=clarification&rnum=1#79fc3b498d0da84f