- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70975] Re: Context
- From: "Philipp" <Philipp.M.O at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:39:25 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm sorry to be a bearer of bad tidings, but that's exactly what the
manual states in Built-in Functions -> Begin,
"Begin thus affects the PARSING of input expressions."
P.S. You need a back quote at the end of the context string in
> fun[x_]:=( Begin[x];
> according to the manual one would think that the variable t in context x
> is printed. However, this is wrong! What is printed is Global`t.
> Therefore, the context to which a symbol belongs is determined during
> parsing and NOT execution.
> Can anybode give more insight and strict rules for this quirck?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: