Simplifying in Mathematica

I have a function which is a sum of many terms which look like this:

(2*(B-b)^2 - 2*(A-a)*c*d^2)/(4*b^2*(1-c*2)*d^2)

I think the function is actually equal to 0, but I have a hard time in
trying to simplify it in Mathematica. Any ideas or commands I should
try? Any suggestions in general about simplifying formulas will also
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!