Re: Lists and polynomials

Thanks for the prompt responses.

Yes, IntegerDigits[] will definitely do the trick, I hadn't noticed it
when I was looking for possible functions.

I'm a real beginner here, so I'm taking the advice I read via this
forum and reading carefully through Stephen Wolfram's book sections
1.0-1.10 just to get started; I only skimmed it earlier

Also, last week, I bought "An Introduction to Programming with
Mathematica" by Wellin, Gaylord & Kamim from the CUP bookshop in
Cambridge - cheaper than Amazon.

Thanks again.  I'm sure I'll be back!

Alan