Re: Subscript assignment incompatibility??

Hi,

how should Mathematica find out what
Subscript[p,res][[1]]

mean, does it mean p ot does it mean the first
element of the
*value* of Subscript[p,res] ??

Use the notation package and Symbolize[].

Regards
  Jens

"kevin_jazz" <kevinbowman at mac.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:eisgrm$nk6$1 at smc.vnet.net...
|I have another very simple problem:
| x={{1,28},{2,28}}
| Subscript[p,res]  = x

| {1,28}
|
| Subscript[p,res][[1]] = Subscript[p,res][[1]]
|
| \!\(Set::"setps" : \ "\!\(p\_res\) in assignment
of part is not a
| symbol."\)
|
| So, I can't make an assignment with a variable
that has a subscript??