Re: Easy way to 're-order' the axes in Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71223] Re: Easy way to 're-order' the axes in Plot3D
  • From: "dch888" <dch888 at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:39:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ben and Jens-Peer et al.,

Sorry for the delay in replying - I took so long the original post has
expired, so I've started a new one.  "Re: Easy way to 're-order' the
axes in Plot3D"

Many thanks for your suggestions.  I tried both of them, but
unfortunately niether of them worked.  One of them gave a syntax error
[the one with //(var->-var)...] and the other one did nothing to the
graph.

I'm not sure how to post notebooks here, or even if we're allowed, so
I've uploaded them to my website:

http://www.carter-hitchin.clara.co.uk/TestFlip1.nb
http://www.carter-hitchin.clara.co.uk/TestFlip2.nb

If you or anyone has time to spot what is wrong, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks,
David.

p.s.  The two suggestions were:

1.

gr = Graphics3D[Plot3D[Sin[x*y], {x, 0, Pi}, {y,
0, Pi}]]

Show[gr /. Polygon[pnts_] :> Polygon[{{1, 0, 0},
{0, -1, 0}, {0, 0, 1}}.# & /@ pnts]
]

2.

Plot3D[{x[t], y[t], z[t]} // (t -> -t) // Evaluate, {t, -200,0}];

p.p.s  And my original question was:

I've got this nice Plot3D surface, but unfortunately I want one of the
axes to run from 200 to 1, instead of the natural 1 to 200.  I've tried
{S, 200, 1} instead of {S, 1, 200}, but that didn't work.    The
function is quite involved and I'd rather not change it.

Effectively what I want to do is to mirror the whole surface in a
vertical plane.

Can anyone help me and think of a [hopefully simple] way to do this?