change of variables

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71241] change of variables
  • From: "hussain.alqahtani at gmail.com" <hussain.alqahtani at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:39:01 -0500 (EST)

Dear Members,

I have a differential equation that i need to nondimensionalize.
Therefore, i introduced a new nondimensional varibles and so that i get
a nondimensional equation. I am wondering how can i do that in
Mathematica?. For example if i have this term:

K*D[v,{x,2}],

my new nondimensional variables are:

x*=x/L and v*=v/L,

I can do that by hand, but since i have a huge number of equations, i
rather prefer to use Mathematica.

I appreciate any help in this regard, and many thanks in anticipation.

HMQ