Version 5.2 Pi computation speed is simply amazing.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg71521] Version 5.2 Pi computation speed is simply amazing.
- From: Zeno <zeno333 at mindspring.com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:05:19 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
Version 5.2 computes Pi to a million places more than 11 times faster
than version 4.2 does on my same machine. (Computed in 37.32 seconds on
a G4 933 Mhz OS X machine, actual time to show full result on screen.)
This speed is simply amazing, considering it is almost as fast as the
fastest AGM-Borwein programs to compute pi. However, those slightly
faster AGM-Borwein programs require the number of digits computed to be
a power of 2, where in Mathematica one can stipulate a completely
arbitray number of digits for output.
This performance in version 5.2 is nothing short of amazing. Great work
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: symbolic solution of ODE
Previous by thread:
Re: Friedman Number
Next by thread:
Re: Version 5.2 Pi computation speed is simply amazing.