Re: Using subscripts in function-parameter names

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71756] Re: Using subscripts in function-parameter names
  • From: eriwik at student.chalmers.se
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:04:11 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 27, 10:34 am, "David Park" <d... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Erik,
>
> You might look on MathSource at the WRI site for the SubscriptSymbols
> package by Ted Ersek. It makes it quite convenient to use subscripts in
> expressions. It loads the Notation package and handles all the symbolization
> for you. However, quite often you do not have to symbolize the subscript
> expressions and just loading the package, which institutes some extra
> definitions for Subscript, will be enough to solve your problem.
>
> The package comes with a notebook showing how to do a number of common
> things with subscript expressions.

Yes, it does seem to be what I need. However it does not go all the
way, it can not create symbols of subscripts generated when running. A
quick example demonstrating this can be found here:
http://www.chalmers.it/~eriwik/sum.nb

Does anyone know if it's possible to get that to work (or even better,
get http://www.chalmers.it/~eriwik/try1.nb to work)?

--
Erik Wikström