RE: Re: Re: Re: Arithmetic Puzzle (so simple it's hard)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71825] RE: [mg71789] Re: [mg71748] Re: [mg71627] Re: Arithmetic Puzzle (so simple it's hard)
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:05:34 -0500 (EST)

Absolutely!

More than once I have learned things, or practiced things that were a little
shaky, from 'newbie' questions. And often I have learned useful things and
engaged in little collaborations with other people who I would never have
even known except for MathGroup.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Bruce Colletti [mailto:vze269bv at verizon.net]

Janos

All posts are welcome here, newbie and advanced.  Often times the newbie
questions are VERY instructive because the basics (there are so many of
them) can be slippery.

I've lost track of how many times a "simple" matter quickly led to something
"advanced."  But as you say, these terms are subjective.  Two sides of the
same coin.

MathGroup is for everyone.  Stephan Wolfram (if I recall his words correctly
from October's Tech Conference) wanted this forum to be one of collaboration
(in addition to its chief function of providing information).

Bruce