Another Minor Mathematica Front End Glitch/Bug
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70100] Another Minor Mathematica Front End Glitch/Bug
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
* Select the cell bracket for a Subsubsection heading you want to paste
into repeated locations further down in the notebook, and Copy it
* Scroll to first such location, click between cells, Paste (cmd-V).
* Decide it's faster/easier to use Down Arrow key to navigate from
there down to next Paste location, and do this successfully several
* Make a mistake by not making quite enough Down Arrow keystrokes to
get to next between-cell location; end up in an Input cell when you do
* Notice this, and use cmd-Z to remove unintended Paste; Input cell is
* Move down to originally intended between-cell location and Paste.
***** What's Pasted is no longer in Subsubsection format, but now
***** is Pasted in Input cell format.
***** Act of accidentally Pasting into Input cell has apparently
***** converted the format of Clipboard contents to Input format.
***** Happens whether you do the ctrl-Z repair in the Input cell
***** or not. Haven't tried any other format pairs.
Seems like this is, at best, not how Clipboard is supposed to work ?
Prev by Date:
Re: distance function
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Draw approximated normal distribution based on mean, median, percentiles?
Next by thread: