Another Minor Mathematica Front End Glitch/Bug
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70100] Another Minor Mathematica Front End Glitch/Bug
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
* Select the cell bracket for a Subsubsection heading you want to paste into repeated locations further down in the notebook, and Copy it (cmd-C). * Scroll to first such location, click between cells, Paste (cmd-V). * Decide it's faster/easier to use Down Arrow key to navigate from there down to next Paste location, and do this successfully several times. * Make a mistake by not making quite enough Down Arrow keystrokes to get to next between-cell location; end up in an Input cell when you do the Paste. * Notice this, and use cmd-Z to remove unintended Paste; Input cell is restored. * Move down to originally intended between-cell location and Paste. ***** What's Pasted is no longer in Subsubsection format, but now ***** is Pasted in Input cell format. ***** Act of accidentally Pasting into Input cell has apparently ***** converted the format of Clipboard contents to Input format. ***** Happens whether you do the ctrl-Z repair in the Input cell ***** or not. Haven't tried any other format pairs. Seems like this is, at best, not how Clipboard is supposed to work ?